This website is provided by The Henry M. Paulson, Jr. Institute d/b/a Macropolo (“MacroPolo”). MacroPolo and its partners have invested substantial efforts and expense to develop, create, and disseminate the content available on this website, including without limitation, the data, charts, graphs, blurbs, directories, papers, articles, images, media, audio, audio-visual works, and analyses (the “Content”). Your access to, and use of this website, is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and be sure you understand them.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Certain of the trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, the “Trademarks“) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of MacroPolo. Nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this website without the written permission of MacroPolo. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the website, or any other content on the website, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
- You are expressly prohibiting from accessing the MacroPolo website by any automated means and are further prohibited from any form of data mining, spidering, use of bots, or other automated techniques, to collect information from the website.
- MacroPolo grants you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right to access and view the Content via this website. The Content is being provided solely for your internal use and solely for informational purposes. You will not permit any individual or entity under your control to use the Content for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose, regardless of whether such purpose is commercial or non-commercial in nature.
- Reproduction, distribution, republication and retransmission of the Content is prohibited unless the prior written permission of MacroPolo has been obtained. You agree you will not transfer, copy, reverse engineer, create derivative works from or make any part of the Content available to others.
- You acknowledge that the Content was developed by MacroPolo or its affiliates through substantial time, effort, money and originality and thus constitutes valuable intellectual property of MacroPolo.
Third Party Content
- MacroPolo does not collect any personal information from you, unless you provide it voluntarily. If you decide to provide your personal information (e.g., name, email address, and mailing address), MacroPolo will only collect the personal information which is needed to fulfill your requests and MacroPolo’s legitimate business objectives. If you refuse to divulge your personal information when requested, you will not be able to access certain areas on the website.
- MacroPolo complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet. If the parent or guardian, of a user who is a minor, discovers that the user has submitted his or her personal information without the parent or guardian’s permission or consent, MacroPolo will take reasonable steps to remove that information from the website and MacroPolo’s servers at the parent or guardian’s request. To request removal of personal information of a minor, please send MacroPolo an e-mail (to the address below) and be sure to include in the message the user name and legal name of the minor.
- MacroPolo reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose any information, including IP addresses, as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, or to cooperate with law enforcement and other authorities in investigating a claim of illegal activity. MacroPolo may use IP addresses to identify a user when it feels it is necessary to protect MacroPolo’s service, website, users, or others.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- MACROPOLO ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE USE OR INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION AND/OR CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ANY AND ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. MACROPOLO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT THEREIN ARE ERROR-FREE OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, FREE FROM SPYWARE, MALWARE, ADWARE, VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER MALICIOUS CODE, OR WILL FUNCTION TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
- TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MACROPOLO BE LIABLE FOR ANY TORT OR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, DENIALS OF SERVICE (INCLUDING COMPUTER CRASHES), BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR ANY DOWNLOADED CONTENT, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF MACROPOLO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MacroPolo, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, or other partners, and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of and access to the website, your violation of these terms and conditions, your violation of any rights of a third party, including but not limited to claims of: infringement of third party intellectual property rights or rights of privacy and publicity, claims of defamation, as well as your violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
- These terms and conditions contain the entire understanding of the parties hereto relating to the use of this website and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement or understandings between the parties with respect to this website, and cannot be changed or terminated orally.
- If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms and conditions, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- MacroPolo may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating or revising this posting, with the revised terms and conditions taking effect as of the date of its posting. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes on the website will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, or if you would like to contact MacroPolo for any other reason, write to: email@example.com
625 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 2500
Chicago, IL 60611